You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Holidays, Special Days’ category.
- Sat. November 23. 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Reunion Farmers’ Market.The reunion of your favorite farmers, vendors and artisans will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Millennium Plaza Park. The Lake Oswego Farmers’ Market will reunite for one day only – just in time to set the table for Thanksgiving dinner!
- November 24. Lake Oswego Millennium Concert Band. The performance will be held on Sunday, Nov. 24, in the Lakeridge High School auditorium, 1235 Overlook Drive, Lake Oswego. The doors open at 6 p.m. with music and an art show in the lobby, followed by the concert at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
- November 29. 5:30 p.m. Holiday Tree Lighting.Bigelow Plaza (5th & A)Millennium Plaza Park.The City of Lake Oswego and the Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce invite you to join in a time-honored tradition as we ring in the holiday season.This extraordinary evening of holiday cheer includes caroling, performances from local high schools and the Millennium Concert Band.Gather at the corner of 5th Street & A Avenue to see the lighting of the Bigelow Plaza Holiday Tree, then parade to Millennium Park for the lighting of the Millennium Tree
- November 30. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and December 7. 4-8 p.m.Horse-drawn carriage rides.505 G Avenue, Adult Community Center.Take a memorable sleigh ride through the First Addition neighborhood. Snuggle under the blankets, and enjoy the magic of the majestic horses and twinkling lights. Adults and children alike insist on making this an annual holiday tradition. Cost is $3 for ages 18 and older and $2 for ages 17 and younger.
- Deadline December 9. 5 p.m. Fill a Stocking – Fill a Heart.
The local non-profit program, Fill a Stocking, Fill a Heart, is run by volunteers and assists agencies in Clackamas County by providing families with basic household items along with a few special gifts. Pick up an empty stocking at City Hall, 380 A Avenue, and return filled stockings by December 9, 2013.
This year we are also collecting gently used coats, blankets, new toys and food to spread joy to even more families in need! Coats, blankets and food can be delivered throughout the month of December.
For additional information, please call the Citizen Information Center at 503-635-0257.
- Now Thru December 21. Holiday Gallery. Art Exhibit and Sale. 510 Museum and Art Space. 510 1st Street. Wednesdays thru Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- December 6. 5-8:30pm and Saturday, December 7, 10am-4pm at the West End Building (4101 Kruse Way).Saunter through the aisles and shop for wonderful holiday gifts, wares, and decor.Warm up for the holidays with yuletide cheer from World Class Wines.Enjoy sweet treats and cuisine from local food vendors, including Kat’s Crepes, The Oilerie Lake Oswego (Friday only) and Decadent Creations (Saturday only).The Holiday Market also features festive entertainment.
- December 6. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Children can visit with the LO Fire Department and Police Department 10 to 11 a.m. and hop on the electric train 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. A very special guest will be on hand for pictures 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., brought to you by the Youth Action Council Elves. Children: Don’t forget to take part in the holiday crafts from Frog Pond Toys, and write your letters to Santa. The fun happens at the West End Building, 4101 Kruse Way.
- December 6. First Friday Gallery Opening – 5-7 p.m. 510 First Street, Lake Oswego.
- December 7-8. Tryon Creek State Park. Holiday Forest Market. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- December 10 – 25.Houses of Lake Oswego.Gingerbread Contest. Visit the following local businesses, check out their one-of-a-kind gingerbread houses, then vote for your favorite!
List of Gingerbread Houses
- Accessories from the Heart: 220 A Ave.
- Crave Bake Shop: 460 Fifth St.
- Frog Pond Toys and Lily Pad Café: 310 N State St.
- Graham’s Book and Stationery: 460 Second St.
- Lake Oswego Hunt Club: 2725 Iron Mtn. Blvd.
- Lake Oswego Smiles: 16699 Boones Ferry Road
- LOCAL- 14: 510 First St.
- Nordby Design Studio/Piper Louie Boutique: 463 Third St.
- Oswego Optique: 466 Second St.
- Peake Academy at Play Boutique: 464 First St.
- Sixpence Antiques: 519 Third St.
- Soletta Shoes: 390 N State St.
- Step It Up Studios: 101 A Ave.
- Stickmen Brewery & Skewery: 40 N State St.
- The Oilerie Lake Oswego: 438 First St.
- World Class Wines: 269 A Ave.
Holiday Open House LO Library
- December 11. 12:30-3:30 p.m. Holiday Open House – Lake Oswego Library
Christmas Ships Arrive In Lake Oswego
- December 14. Christmas Ships. Boats leave RiverPlace Marina and arrive at George Rogers Park between 6:15 and 6:30 p.m. Watch from the shores of the Willamette at beautiful Foothills Park.
More Activities In Lake Oswego
ALL ABOUT…..Lake Oswego Real Estate. © Copyright 2008-2013. Betty Jung. All Rights Reserved. Use of this article, photos and images without permission is in violation of federal copyright laws.
Lakewood Center Of The Arts Having Halloween Sale
Still don’t know what you want to be on Halloween? The Lakewood Center is having a big sale
Halloween Costume Sale at Lakewood Theatre Company, Oct. 11-13, 2013
Find something worn by your favorite performer or a prop for your home! We have everything but the kitchen sink including women’s clothes, men’s clothes, props and shoes. Stop by and check it out. We can help you with your Halloween costume needs.
Hours Of The Sale
FRIDAY, OCT. 11, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
SATURDAY, OCT. 12, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
SUNDAY, OCT. 13, Noon – 4:00 PM
Location Of The Sale
in the Community Room at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Looking For a New Home?
Click here to view all the Portland area and Lake Oswego homes currently for sale. Give me a call at 503-804-9685 if you are interested in selling your current home or looking to purchase.
ALL ABOUT…..Lake Oswego Real Estate. © Copyright 2008-2013. Betty Jung. All Rights Reserved. Use of this article, photos and images without permission is a violation of federal copyright laws.